as pickup trucks and suvs continue to dominate the car-shopping marketplace, sees a reflection of that in our popular stories. take the 2019 ford ranger, for example. it's wrapping up a tour of auto shows before going on sale in early 2019 after seven model years off, and enough of you were interested in our thoughts after a first drive of the new pickup to land our video of it as the most popular one of the week.
"all we can say after driving it on-road and off-road, and doing some towing, is we're glad it's here," says pickuptrucks.com editor mark williams. "on-road performance here is very impressive ... very tight steering, wonderful throttle response — this is not an underpowered four-cylinder used engine ."
williams had nothing but good things to say about handling, too. to check out the video, see the link below.
meanwhile, in the world of written expert reviews, the 2019 toyota rav4 once again takes the top spot, this time edging out the nissan kicks. for someone who has never recommended the rav4 for compact suv shoppers, news editor jennifer geiger says, "the 2019 version — especially in hybrid trim — has earned itself a spot for those with the budget to accommodate it."
for more on the toyota rav4 and others, check out the top five reviews and videos of the week below.
top 5 reviews
1. 2019 toyota rav4 review: delivers more, costs more
2. 2018 nissan kicks review: impressive value and utility without awd
3. 2019 subaru forester review: new and better, but not shouting it
4. 2019 genesis g70: a delightful sports sedan
5. 2018 porsche 911 turbo s review: delivering on its reputation
top 5 videos
1. 2019 ford ranger: first drive
2. 2019 mazda mx-5 miata: first drive
3. would we buy the 2018 volkswagen atlas again?
4. 2019 bmw x7: interior first impressions
5. our week in the tesla model x
's editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. in line with 's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. the editorial department is independent of 's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.