The Ford Mustang with the EcoBoost turbocharged four-cylinder Used Engine is perhaps one of the most well-rounded muscle cars available partly because it's very un-muscle-car-like. The EcoBoost Mustang edged out a V-6 Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger in 's Small-Engine Muscle Car Challenge; this week's author of our Consumer Review writes about their impressions, and they're very similar to our expert reviewers' thoughts on the 2017 Mustang.
Rob from Allentown, Penn., writes:
"My wife and I love to drive manual cars, and for the last 15 years, I have owned all BMW because of the fun factor and enjoyable driving experience. Finally, we started considering other sports cars which we can use for every day and be able to have our two kids in the back. We kept an open mind and considered all the options. The 2017 2.3-liter four-cylinder Mustang was the winner, most fun, value and was able to have the kids sit in the back without compromising their comfort. The response of the car is great, the power, the gas mileage, the different modes of the Used Engine and steering wheel are all great. Ford did a great job on this car and made us change our heart from a BMW. For the price we got on the new car with all the incentives, we just couldn't resist to switch. We've had the car now for two months, so I can't say much about the reliability. With our purchase, we chose the Premium package and the Performance Package that adds a lot to the car. If you are thinking about a new or used one, I would say go for it."
Related: What's the Best Small-Engine Muscle Car?
We get millions of car shoppers to each month, and they would benefit from your experiences, so please, review your own car here. We're giving you the megaphone, now tell the world what you think about your car, good or bad. Here's how you do it:
- Go to our Reviews landing page and select the make, model and year of your car.
- On that page, click on the green "Write a Review" button.
- When you reach that page, offer your scores in the seven categories.
- Next, give your review a title.
- Add your comments (there is a 100-word minimum).
- Answer a few more questions.
- Tell us your screen name, city and state if you'd like, as well as your email address. We will only use your email to notify you of the status of your review (meaning, has it been accepted, etc.)
- Then, click the green "Submit Your Review" button, and you're good to go. You can also preview your review to see how it will look on the site
Remember, other shoppers will thank you for your efforts.
Some comments have been edited to improve clarity.